This proposal seeks to onboard and compensate full time and part time contributors to Polywrap DAO while also introducing a trial process for future contributors.
- Stablize spending and work levels*
- Onboard and retain committed valuable contributors
“Work level” for a 100% committed contributor is a fuzzy concept. Commitment can come in many forms and look different for different people. It can, however, be measured by one or more of the following depending on the context: time, dedication, focus, prioritization, effort, etc.
The Polywrap DAO will benefit from onboarding and establishing long term relationships with contributors who have continuously shown leadership, commitment and consistency to create long lasting value for the project.
All 10 members suggested on this proposal have been commited to Polywrap’s trajectory and have demonstrated outstanding ability, capability, and determination to continue to deliver impactful outcomes to the DAO, while fully aligned with Polywrap’s mission and values.
With this proposal the DAO aims to introduce a competitive monthly compensation to committed contributors for fulfilling key core roles in the project.
Network stake (WRAP) will be determined in a future proposal. This is because WRAP compensation will require additional consideration such as impact on total token supply and token distribution mechanisms.
At the time of this proposal, it was discussed among contributors that an estimate of WRAP package would be 150% of USD annual compensation for a value level 5 contributor and 125% for a value level 4.
|Contributor||Role||Commitment||Monthly (USD)||Value Level|
Link to value responses: Value Responses
The DAO used a bottom-up approach whereby contributors selected their value level and commitment level. They also provided a brief explanation of why they felt they are the value level that they selected.
A contributor’s value level is a rough estimate of the value that contributor is expected to deliver to or create for Polywrap.
A contributor’s selected commitment level represents the magnitude of their commitment to Polywrap.
There should be subsequent proposals that goes into more detail on the following, but here are some starting points:
- WRAP Package: Details of the WRAP package for each commitment contributor and the distribution mechanism.
- Benefits: The DAO will explore other benefits in the future such as conference travel, equipment stipends, and retreats
- Termination: The DAO may vote to terminate contributors at any time through a proposal
- Reviews: Every 6 months there will be a performance review for every committed contributor, where rate changes are considered. The DAO may vote to make reviews for particular contributors more frequent if a reassessment of compensation levels warranted given performance.
- Additional WRAP Packages: Every year (at every other review), committed contributors are eligible for new additive vested packages
- No Employer/Employee Relationship. This proposal is not intended to and nor shall it be construed so as to constitute an employer/employee relationship between Polywrap and the contributor.