- Project Name: DaoLens DAO Manager
- Team Name: DaoLens
Collateral Links for Reference:
- The DAO Manager: https://manager.daolens.com/auth/login
- How to get started with the DAO Manager: https://youtu.be/WYMFtJgzME4
This proposal revolves around how the DaoLens DAO Manager platform can refine the day-to-day operations of Polywrap Community through a well-defined and self-serve DAO Tooling infrastructure.
The influx of such a tooling mechanism shall result in a unified platform for most of the DAO’s operations including but not limited to the management of projects, discussions, proposals, off-chain/on-chain voting, bounties, and compensation. Considering how the current operation in your DAO leaves a massive scope for improvement and on top, most admins and members are losing the context of what concerns them amidst all the noise, such a platform shall be pivotal in how DAOs can flourish.
Based on our experience breaking down the daily operations of around 500 DAOs and Digital Communities, we have been able to redefine the operational infrastructure a DAO should adhere to for optimum operational efficiency. Below are some concepts on how the Polywrap Community can benefit from the DaoLens DAO Manager.
- Lack of motivation for Contributors: It is tricky to maintain member retention within a DAO and rewarding tokens to the members on the completion of a bounty does not effectively build a sense of belongingness for the members.
- Accessibility of Modules and absence of rules to group like-minded ether: DAO Admins should be able to establish Gating rules for Discussions, Bounties, Proposal creation, Project management, etc. to ensure only select/eligible folks to work on them. An absence of such gating results in noise in discussion forums and bounty boards, etc.
- Lack of relevant Context Admins and Contributors, both tend to lose the context behind every bounty, proposal, and project because of the noise that exists on discussion platforms like Discourse and Discord.
- Lack of Visibility While using multiple platforms for each type of operation, the Admins also lose the visibility of ‘what concerns them the most amidst all the noise?’
- Inconvenient cross-DAO operations While most contributors are a part of multiple DAOs, it becomes quite difficult to track what concerns them the most for each. Juggling between multiple tools and tabs to get work done hinders the productivity of contributors and admins alike.
The goal of the DAO Manager is to provide a solution that reduces friction in day-to-day DAO/Community management. It shall do so by structuring a unified platform with modules for each type of operation including (but not limited to):
- Curation of Bounty Board - say bye to Notion-based bounty and Job boards
- Review and Compensation of Tasks and Bounties - don’t jump on Dework to manage bounties and Coordinape/Gnosis to manage compensation.
- Creation and management of Discussions Forums - DAO Manager can be used for discussions as well so no need for Discourse.
- Creation of Proposals - Create proposals on-chain
- On-Chain Voting on proposals (with multiple voting types available) -
- Project management - manage projects like you’d do on Github.
- Custom section (courses, a marketplace of the DAO, to be customized into what would make sense for the DAO/Community)
- Gating rules for all of the above modules (NFT, NFT Traits, and Token-based gating to limit accessibility)
- Lastly, a Discovery platform brings your DAO/Community to the visibility of the users more often.
- A Unified User Interface: The DAO Manager instantaneously makes it easier for the Admins and the Contributors alike to access and participate in the relevant activities within the DAO such as bounties, discussions, proposal vetting & voting, etc. without having to jump between different tabs and tools. This significantly reduces the operations cycle and also the drag caused by the loss of context.
- Linked Tasks, Linked Proposals. In-Built On-Chain Voting. All deeply Integrated: Never lose sight of what truly matters by linking the discussions with proposals, bounties, etc. This shall help the users in gathering insight on how they can complete a bounty or review it and help them make a decision easily when they go to vote on a proposal.
- Gating based on multiple credentials: To ensure the Admins don’t lose sight of what truly matters to them, they can gate the different modules like discussion forums, and bounties, based onis of the Wallet Content of a user (such as NFTs, NFT Traits, and Tokens). Such gating can be put into action with multiple ‘And/Or’ conditions. This shall help reduce the noise from the modules based on multiple credentials and help the users focus on what concerns the most.
- Shuffle between DAOs and Communities easily: the DAO Manager can be a home to multiple DAOs and therefore, contributors who are a part of 2 or more DAOs can easily shuffle between the community operational dashboards without having to open another tab or login into a platform again.
- Rewarding Mechanisms: Apart from effortlessly expediting compensation using wallet integrations, the DAO Manager also brings functionality to reward your contributors through Task Points, NFTs, and Badges. The contributors, based on these, can move up in the leaderboard and can get access to some executive-level bounties.
- Bounty Board: All Jobs & bounties can be gated based on rules of credential verification (NFTs, NFT Traits, & Tokens). Add sub-tasks, rewards, priority levels, and reviewers, through single panel.
- Discussion Forum: Bring all of your conversations out of Discord and Discourse and onto a noise-free, gated DAO Manager discussion forum. Publish posts with embedded Polls and Checklists for people to vote and work on. Effortlessly. vote off-chain, comment, and share posts.
- Proposal Management: Effortlessly create proposals to be voted on without having to open Snapshot. Additionally, with the Snapshot integration, any vote done on the Snapshot reflects back on the DAO Manager and any vote done here reflects back there.
- Project Management: Without having to browse through all the servers, get a sense of all ongoing projects quickly.
- Custom Panel: A Custom Module for your specific needs. For creators who want to sell merchandise, an educator who needs to float courses, or an investment group that wants closed VIP tiers, this module can be built for you.
- Enhanced Contributor Rewarding Mechanism: Reward your contributors with more than just the bounty reward. Award NFTs, Badges, and Task Point to help your contributors move up in the DAO Leaderboard. Further, gate executive bounties and forums, on the basis of Leaderboard.
- A Community Home: Consider the DAO Manager as a home for everything that matters the most to your Community/DAO. Even manage all of your documents from a single section on the Overview page itself.
- Linking Discussions to Bounties and Proposals: Easily link all of the discussions with the discussed projects, bounties, & proposals. Have context ready about each and expedite them effortlessly.
- ROI-focused Grant Management: End-to-end support to review and manage all pending applications. With multiple Proposal types, Multiple Fund allocation methods, and Multiple Review mechanisms, Applicants also get help and support in drafting efficient applications.
- Discovery Platform: Publicize your DAO to a wider audience of contributors through the DAO Manager’s Discovery page.
- Contact Name: Nayan Kulshreshtha
- Contact Email: nayan @daolens.com
- Discord: Amenek.eth#8984
- Telegram: @NayanKul
We are a team of developers and designers who have been making tools for decentralized communities. Our core mission and vision are to contribute towards mass adoption of the space by lowering the barriers to entry and we have been doing that in different ways. Examples below: 1. We’ve built an onboarding tool that onboards new members to a DAO and gives them relevant context about how to get started.
The Polywrap Community team can build a test workspace on the DAO Manager platform to get a feel of its feasibility. We encourage the teams to get in touch with DaoLens for any custom features that the community wants to see in the new workspace. Post-which, we can discuss the migration of the current data onto the new workspace and expedite it at the earliest.