CIDT - Toolchain Developer

Polywrap Toolchain Dev Proposal

tags: polywrap proposals

Snapshot

Overview

CIDT will provide development services for Toolchain application. Our senior developer Anton will be working directly with the the Core dev team, under direction supervision from @dOrgJelli on polywrap/monorepo open issues and CLI

Proposal Justification

It’s necessary to continue to scale Toolchain development group with qualified engineering support.

Requested Monthly Burnrate Grant

Wallet Stable Coin WRAP
cidt.eth $8,600 TBD

Roadmap

Start date: June 1, 2022

EPIC User Stories
monorepo support polywrap/monorepo open issues
monorepo support bug-fixing, new feature implementation, roadmap items, as priorited by the team

Sponsor

Sponsor: @dOrdJelli

Velocity & Estimated Timeline

Polywrap DAO uses Story Points (SP) to derive duration estimates for development projects. We define Baseline SP = approximately 1 Day of Individua/Team effort.

Target Monthly Velocity Estimated Start Estimated Duration
10 SP/Month Week of June 1, 2022 ongoing

Team Members

Team Member Role Rate Time Allocation
Anton TypeScript Developer $100/hr 20h/week

Terms

By submtting this proposal, I understand that the DAO and my sponsor will be evaluating whether my work meets the acceptance criteria. If it does not, the DAO will determine what percentage of the proposal cost to pay, if any.

I also understand that I may not begin work until it is confirmed that the Snapshot proposal has passed.

[ X ] I agree

1 Like

I have been working with Oleg, and it has been great so far.

Sponsor Audit: February & March

NOTE: This audit includes months February and March, as Oleg has had been inactive for ~5 weeks due to unforeseen personal issues.

Activity

Monorepo:

Opinion

The viewable activity in my opinion is equivalent to roughly 1.5 - 2 weeks FT activity for a new developer onboarding to the project.

I do not think that the full payment amount is warranted, and would suggest CIDT propose a way to remedy this misalignment of expectations vs delivery.

@dOrgJelli , thanks for the audit!

The viewable activity in my opinion is equivalent to roughly 1.5 - 2 weeks FT activity for a new developer onboarding to the project.

So you’re saying that payment for this should be ~$4K?

(20 hours / week) * 2 weeks * $100 / hour = $4k

Let me know if that sounds about right

@eugenefine , if that works for you, please respond with “Approved”. I’ll put up a voting proposal to pay $4k for this. If not, let us know what corrections you think should be made.

@keeevin, yes this is approved.

@dOrgJelli please review Oleg’s deliverables for the month of April. It is my understanding that Oleg was only able to contribute approximately the same number of hours as in March (around 10h/week).

After DMs were exchanged with @eugenefine, it looks like there will not be a claim from Oleg for this month, or the months going forward. So we should discontinue this recurring proposal for the time being.

@eugenefine can you please confirm?

@keeevin @dOrgJelli, that’s correct, there is no billing for April for Toolchain Developer work. Oleg is taking a leave of absence for health reasons. We are working on backfilling the position.

Hey @keeevin, this month is the same as last. I think we should “close” this proposal / payment stream going forward, and create a new one when CIDT finds a new developer to take over Oleg’s previous role.

1 Like

Update: @eugenefine has updated the proposal’s description with a new developer, Anton, who will be now working full-time.

Hi @keeevin and @dOrgJelli— here is the Toolchain Status Update for Jun, 2022:

Toolchain Pull Requests (Jun, 2022)

GitHub Query is:pr author:fetsorn created:>=2022-06-01 created:<2022-07-01:

1 Like

Anton has been doing amazing work, and has gotten up to speed very quickly! Super excited by all the progress here.

Hi @keeevin and @dOrgJelli— here is the Toolchain Status Update for July, 2022:

Toolchain Pull Requests (July, 2022)

GitHub Query is:pr author:fetsorn created:>=2022-07-01 created:<2022-08-01 :

All looks good to me! @fetsorn has been doing amazing work :clap: thank you for all of your efforts