Name: Ron Boger
||Hours||Rate / Hr.||Period|
||Apr 28 2021 - Oct 28 2021|
These are my contributions from spending proposal 017, made back in April 2021. My role was as an advisor to polywrap as a domain expert in venture fundraising.
- Rebranded website: After sparse initial input, this was driven by other team members.
- Pitch deck: Done. I worked closely with Kevin, Jordan, Ori, and Roberto to devise a compelling pitch narrative around Polywrap. After many back-and-forths and redesigns, we now have a compelling pitch for the Polywrap seed.
- CRM: I created a CRM to track and rate potential backers.
- Pitch practice: I practiced the pitch and narrative numerous times with Jordan and Kevin.
- Valuation: Provided feedback on Kevin and Ori’s valuation model, in addition to conversations with existing backers to determine a new valuation.
- Legal Entity formed: served as a thought partner to Ori and provided information from Boba legal formation.
Given that many of the above deliverables were driven by other members, I decided to include execution of the fundraiser as well (which was originally planned to be a separate proposal).
My contributions to the fundraise execution include:
- Introductions to and backchanneling with several VCs
- Joining pitch calls to provide feedback to Jordan and Kevin on the pitch, as well as helping determine quality of potential backers
- General advising on the deck and project management
- Strategic discussions on determining backers, strategizing cap table composition, and organizing a VC funding round
References: Jordan, Kevin, Ori, Roberto